Dear Moderator

Heya!

This is my AS Media blog which features my progression throughout the year, including:
-First college magazine
-Research and planning
-Final music magazine
-Evaluation

My evaluation starts from the 9th of March, and my research and planning from September 2011. My completed music magazine is right after this post, so feel free to scroll on.

I hope you enjoy my posts!

Many Thanks

Philippa.

Monday 19 March 2012

Evaluation - Question 1 - Contents Page


Used
I  decided to take the band index and use it in my magazine.  It gives quite a different, unique feature compared to other magazines, that may make it better, or appeal more to the readers. However, the layout of it, I changed, so that it fitted the layout of my own magazine and made space for the 'T' on the headline.
The second thing I used was the idea of layout with the contents. I've used similar headings, as yes probably other magazines will have similar, but it fits the style to mine.  Also changing the background colours of the main headers and the mini-contents underneath it - that include the page numbers - differentiates their difference for the reader.  Pretty much chose to do this because it looks funky, instead of leaving it entirely large or something.
Developed
I've copied, pretty much the layout of the magazine, with the images being in the middle. It looks good as it draws the attention to the photo's, and they're not all scattered about - like say on some magazines, for instance, a Kerrang contents page sometimes has loads scattered about. The way I've developed it, is by just dividing the photo and having borders around it but with different captions undearneath that explain both of which is happening.
Challenged
I've used a photograph in the bottom left hand corner of my photo, overlapping the contents.  It's quite different, as I haven't come across it through magazines.  For me, I just put it there  because it added more features to the contents page, and the way the background of it, underlapped the 'T', gives it a distinct look.
I also added a mini photograph of the magazines front cover on the contents page - makes the magazine look proffessional and the 'NEW' next to it, that differs from the others 'band index' headline, suits it quite well.  It informs readers, whilst still looking unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment