Dear Moderator

Heya!

This is my AS Media blog which features my progression throughout the year, including:
-First college magazine
-Research and planning
-Final music magazine
-Evaluation

My evaluation starts from the 9th of March, and my research and planning from September 2011. My completed music magazine is right after this post, so feel free to scroll on.

I hope you enjoy my posts!

Many Thanks

Philippa.

Monday 19 March 2012

Evaluation - Question 2

How does your media product represent similar and particular social groups?
The Taylor Momsen image is taken from  an actual Kerrang magazine, double page spread which is what my photo I've taken, is also used for.  I found this image to begin with, and based my photo on it, as I though the posture and the style suited the genre what I wanted to achieve.
One of the main similarities would be the shot type.  I decided it would look good to do a medium close-up, with spacious image to the left or to the right. It captures the outfit of the model, and also the facial expression, which gives off attitude.  I decided  to also make the photo a single one, with just one person in, like the Kerrang solo artist one.
The whole posture and angle of the photo is  taken similarly too, but on different sides (flipped vertically etc).  Both models heads are tilted to the left or the right, with a wide open 'gasp' type of expression - which is another similarity, with them staring into  the camera. 
Costume wise, I liked the look of  the collar necklace on Taylor, as it enhanced that area & made the face stand out more, which is what I wanted to achieve.  I also liked the whole  eye make-up.  It matches the whole Kerrang style.  I would of probably still chosen to go with this style, if doing a different photo but it matches the genre I like, best.
There's hardly and differences between these two photos.  One of them would be the main costume, as my model has a top with white, distinct writing on, whereas the Kerrang model one has just a plain leather jacket, which matches the genre more.  
Another difference would be, the back ground of the photo.  My model was intentionally meant to be cropped out of the background, but the difficulties of doing so meant I couldn't, and her black hair wouldn't match the  background like it does in the Kerrang one.
Lastly, the slightest thing different between these photos would be the hand that isn't used on my model.  It gives more attitude, towards Taylor, but I didn't think to do this on the model at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment